Monday 12 March 2012

One day at a time

Lots to report: since my last post I have had a great day out in London, me and my brother went on Saturday, we went to Camden market and then Covent garden, where we had a lovely lunch. It was so nice to have a day away, I felt like I had a break from everything that's going on, so just what the doctor ordered!
Callum is continuing to progress and is really mastering his sitting. So much so that we are trying in ronnies Hugh chair to see how he gets on, we also bought a bath seat and mat, which we used for the first time last night, it's amazing to see him sat up playing and splashing about. Words cannot describe how happy we all are that Callum is making progress. The fact that I am now focusing on what he can do rather than what he can't has really helped too. I also think that having a day away from it all has given me a boost too.
Ronnie is still sleeping until between five and six each night and is dry every night now too. His behaviour had settled but it has started to become quite challenging this last week or so again. I notice that the earlier he wakes the worse his behaviour is, so at least I can prepare myself on the days he wakes before six!
I am trying not to think about my looming operation in two weeks time, I am having a partial hysterectomy as I have had terrible problems, I am dreading it, but I know after I have recovered I will feel so much better.
I think it's the fact that there are so many big things going on for us that's hard to manage, but one day at a time is the best way to manage it.
I am also worried about Thursday when we see the ear surgeon with Callum. I think it's because he has to have all the other biopsies and tests done at the same time as he has the operation for his grometts, its having to face it all again. But my motto of one day at a time comes to mind as I am writing this. Until next time xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment