Wednesday 8 February 2012

How many hurdles

Ronnie woke up at 6:30 so that was a fantastic start to the day and very unexpected! Took the boys for a coffee before I took Ronnie to Pre school. I spent the afternoon sorting out everything for Callum's operation tomorrow, it's down in Bristol and we may have to stay in. I am dreading it, it's only a minor thing but am so worried about him having an anaesthetic, but he is in the right place. I took Callum to his hearing appointment this afternoon, we waited outside for a bit and I knew this was going to be an appointment with a good outcome. When we went in they had to repeat his hearing test, they play a sound whilst distracting him with a little toy. They played a sound, I was willing Callum to turn his head to the sound but he didn't, maybe the next sound he will turn his head, no this went on and on, sometimes he turned to the sound but other times he did not. The lady came back in and checked his ears, glue ear is still there so he has to have grommets now and whilst he is having them put in they will check his hearing again, if the grommets have not improved his hearing he will need hearing aids. That was not what I was expecting at all, I know having grommets is only a minor thing but when you add all these things up for Callum it's such a lot. I just wonder when all of these minor problems will stop coming, I have to keep positive it is just so hard and draining, I feel really upset about it all at the moment and I look at Callum and just hope hope hope that he will be ok one day. Next hurdle is tomorrow will feel better after that is done and then we can go to the next hurdle. Need to muster up something from somewhere to get me over the next few x x x x

2 comments:

  1. You are one very strong lady, how you are coping I do not know, its hard enough to have one child with an illness but to then have to cope with it all on top of having no sleep! I wish you and your lovely family all the best for tomorrow, if love can conquer all then your family will survive whatever is thrown at it. I do wish for easier times ahead for you x

    Berni@scouseboysbabe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thank you so much that's really kind of you x x x

    ReplyDelete