Monday 6 February 2012

Rollercoaster

Better start today, Ronnie woke up just after 5 today, he has recovered very well from having his grommets in and says he can hear things better, he also often now says that things are too loud for him, it must be an odd feeling. He went back to Pre school today has not been for a while so was a bit worried he would be upset when I left him but he was fine going in. He goes from 11:30 to 3:30 on Monday's which fits in with Callum's group at the Special Needs Nursery. Callum is doing well with things and as I said he waved on Saturday which was amazing, I keep asking him to wave and he claps his hands but like they said at the group he is following an instruction. We went through A development review today for Callum and I was asked what our next aim would be for Callum, I said I would like him to sit up on his own. They have said that that is a realistic expectaton but he is quite a way off that yet so we need to break it down into small bits, so to start off with he has to sit propped on a special lap table to get him used to propping himself when he loses balance. We tried it and it's so hard because he doesn't like doing it, he gets really upset and I just want to pick him up but I have to see past that. Eventually they want to see him doing it for a minute but he will obviously start of doing it for a few seconds. This really is hard, it's such a long process for A milestone that I just took for granted he would meet at the normal age, Callum is now 13 months. He gets so tired after trying to sit up he was trying to go to sleep on me, it makes it harder as you only have a few chances throughout the day to stimulate him and do his exercises before he gets to tired. This did leave me feeling flat and not in a very good mood, it makes all the other things I have to do for the rest of the day more difficult and I really did feel like bursting into tears and shouting why has this happened to Callum? But you can't do that you have to get on with it and carry on with being a good mummy to both Callum and Ronnie.What I have realised about Callum and his progress is that it is a roller coaster of emotions, Saturday I felt great today I do not feel great. The other thing I thought was how lucky Callum is and me to have the Special Needs nursery looking after Callum and working out step by step how to get him to sit up on his own, they are fantastic people and so clever, yes it may take time but I really think he will do it, fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment