Saturday 4 February 2012

Waving Today

A good night sleep made a whole lot of difference, I won't deny I felt exhausted and drained last night but today I feel a whole lot better! Ronnie slept till just after five and was dry again so that's three nights out of five so that is going really well. Ronnie has made a really good recovery from yesterday so we all had a nice morning out and about, first stop was to get a sledge for all the snow we are going to have (I hope) and then we stopped off at Toys R Us to get Ronnie a little treat for being so brave yesterday. It was lovely to come home and put the fire on and just relax altogether. After a nice lunch, we went round to Steves mum and dads, had a lovely time and Ronnie played outside in the snow, he has been a real handful today, but as soon as he is outside he is fine he just loves charging about. Callum has been ok today been sleeping a lot again, he gets really tired so had a cuddle with him for a bit and then he perked up a bit again. When we left we waved goodbye to everyone and Callum started waving back, we couldn't believe it, it was amazing really out of the blue, it feels so nice to know that he is picking things up and he is taking everything in. When we got home we kept saying wave at mummy and daddy and he did! I feel like waking him up now and getting him to wave at me. When something like this happens with Callum it's so exciting and reassuring, as he has development delay and low muscle tone he is not really able to sit up on his own yet so I keep suddenly panicking thinking he is 13 months he can't do this he should be doing that etc, but now he can wave yes CAN I don't get to say or think that about Callum very much but from today He CAN wave. It's been a really positive day because of this, Steve and I spend so long talking and worrying about Callum's problems and tonight we have been able to talk about how great it is that he is now waving. It was so nice that Steves mum saw him doing it for the first time, I have videoed him doing it and emailed it to my parents and put it on Facebook because I want to share this happy moment with everyone close to us. We get so much amazing help and support from everyone close to us And it is so special for them too when we have moments like this with Callum. What a fantastic day, really happy, I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

No comments:

Post a Comment