Monday 20 February 2012

Up and down

Another sleep filled night Ronnie did not wake till 6 again, we had a nice relaxing morning. Callum had a big sleep before his group this afternoon and Ronnie and me had some time together. Ronnie went to Pre school at 11:30 and then me and Callum went to his group. They were really pleased with his progress with his sitting and I told them all about his train ride yesterday which they thought was great. It was nice to see everyone again and Callum is getting to know everyone there now too. I am thrilled with Callum's sitting and we have to keep up the hard work it's an ongoing process. Callum's physiotherapist is going to refer him to have some shoes made for him as his feet have not grown much and we are unable to buy proper shoes for him as his feet are so small they can't be measured on the scale yet. In the next few months they want to start putting Callum in a stander to get him used to weight bearing on his legs, and in order to do this he has to wear shoes before he can start going in a stander frame. Feel a bit up and down with it all today, it's hard because I still don't feel I have quite got used to it all with Callum. I have not come to terms with the fact that each milestone for Callum is going to take a lot of additional input. It's hard because I keep getting glimmers of normality like with his sitting but I forgot that In order to get him to the next stage we have to start the whole process all over again. But like I keep saying, progress is progress. It's a tough situation like everything you will have good days and bad days x I have my scan tomorrow so am hoping all will go ok with that x x

No comments:

Post a Comment